- 2012 Animated commercial for ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi and their client Yoplait, produced by Aniboom.
Cartoon for the Austrian schoolbook "Durchblick 5 competent", edited by Westermann Verlag.
Reached 1 million views on his YouTube channel.
animations for "MOO! Holiday Celebration"
a showing of animated cartoons in the theatre of the MoPa - Museum of Photographic Arts of San Diego, California.
August 19: "Seguendo la Linea", a selection of Italian cartoons by Osvaldo Cavandoli and Piero Tonin sponsored by the San Diego Italian Film Festival and the Italian American Academy of San Diego.
Apps for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad distribuited by Apple.
- 2010 Animated commercials for Shedar to be broadcasted on Sky TV.
Animated video for Sonia Brex produced by Piranha Musik & IT and Initiative Musik.
- 2009 Takes part in the making of "Una Giornata Perfetta", a music video for Vinicio Capossela directed by Virgilio Villoresi (prod. EMI Music).
Lecture at the SDA Bocconi School of Management with Luc de Brabandere, vice-president of BCG France.
Cartoons for "Futurismi", a booklet produced by The Boston Consulting Group.
Cartoon for Stern Magazine.
One panel comic for Mono, a monothematic, anthological magazine published by Tunuč.
- 2008 Organizes and teaches "Como Cartoons - Il mondo di Como a cartoni animati", an animation class sponsored by the Town Hall of Como, Italy.
Along with Ivan Manuppelli, publisher of Puck magazine, produces "Cavandoli!", a comic dedicated to the father of La Linea drawn by 30 prominent Italian cartoonists including Bruno Bozzetto, Silver, Perogatt, Giorgio Rebuffi, Gino Gavioli, Joshua Held, Franco Origone, Leo Ortolani, Nedo Zanotti, Claudio Acciari, Silvio Camboni, Fernando Caretta, Alberico Motta, Sandro Dossi, Sergio Ponchione, Roberto Mangosi.
- 2007 Illustrations for the "Safety, Health and
Environment Manual" published by Alcoa - Aluminum
Company of America.
Weekly cartoons for the newspaper L'Unione Sarda (Cagliari, Italy).
Creates the official video for the launch of YouTube Italia.
- 2006 December 05 - June 06. Organizes and teaches
animation classes at the Biblioteca Comunale di Como (Town Library of
100 cartoons for the newspaper Il Tempo (Rome).
Teaches Multimedia Design at the IPC "G. Falcone" of Gallarate.
- 2005 January - June. Along with Andrea Zingoni, creator
of Gino the Chicken, teaches a class called "Creating and Writing
Together an Animated Film at the Library", at the Biblioteca Comunale
March, 19. "Osvaldo Cavandoli: Italian Animation from Origins to La
Linea", a lecture with Osvaldo Cavandoli and Piero Tonin at the
Biblioteca Comunale di Como.
Illustrations for "L'ABC dell'Asilo Nido" (The ABC of Nursery School),
a family manual sponsored by Soroptimist International Club of
- 2004 Humorous illustrations for Alcoa - Aluminum Company
of America (to present).
Humorous illustration for an interactive CD Rom produced by the University
of Padua, Italy, Department of Proctology.
Cover for "Mosaico Italiano", a magazine published by the Italian
Cultural Institute of Rio de Janeiro.
- 2003 Curates the "1st Italian Animation Film Festival"
organized by the Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco
in collaboration with the Cineteca Italiana di Milano. The program
includes works by Bozzetto, Gianini & Luzzati, Osvando Cavandoli,
Cioni Carpi and Italy earliest animated advertisements from the
Poster for lecture about Dante at the Syracuse University.
- 2002 Lectures on the uses of cel-vinyl colors for illustration,
film cel restoration and animation at the University of Maryland.
Logo for Swonderful.net,
Paolo Conte's website.
Poster for lecture about Dante at the University of Virginia.
- 2001 Illustrations for the National Arts Journalism Program
journal of Columbia University, ARTicles.
Presents and comments the documentary "Osvaldo Cavandoli: Un Artigiano
dell' Umorismo" ("Osvaldo Cavandoli: A Craftsman of Humor") at the
Italian Cultural Institute of Washington, DC.
- 2000 Starting on April 1st, his cartoons are published on
a weekly bases on the Discovery Channel Website.
Presents and comments the animated feature "La Gabbianella e il Gatto"
("The Little Seagull and the Cat") at the Italian Cultural Institute
of Washington, DC.
TIRAMISU is published on King Features'
"The New Breed". King Features is one of the oldest and most
enstablished American syndicates, that runs such classics as Popeye
the Sailor, Mandrake, Spiderman and Flash Gordon.
- 1999 Introduces (with Gene Schwimmer, the former writer of
the comic strip "Through Space and Time with Schwimmer & Jones" that
appeared in Playboy Magazine) TIRAMISU,
a cartoon Web site, on April 5, 1999.
September 16. Introduces, with Allan Hansen of Jokes2000.com, TRUTH
-- the cartoon based on true stories.
Presents and comments the animated feature "La Freccia Azzurra"
("The Blue Arrow") at the Italian Cultural Institute of Washington,
- 1997 - Present Reproduction of Disney, Warner Brothers,
and MGM backgrounds for resale and restoration of original vintage
www.pierotonin.com is born.
- 1995 - 1996 Contracted with Giuseppe Lagana's Animation
Studio, Milan, as animator for TV scripts, educational films, and
commercials.Worked as animator on the full length animated feature "La
Freccia Azzurra" ("The Blue Arrow").
- 1994 Animated commercials for Dannon and Nordica-Benetton
Sportsystem. Designs cartoon characters for Rollerblade to be
used in posters and instruction manuals (published worldwide in 5 languages).
- 1993 Created incidental animation for TV variety show "A
Casa Nostra" (Retequattro).Wrote, animated and directs "Lunch
Break" (Original short film).
- 1992 - 1993 Comic strips and illustrations for Collector's
Magazine, a monthly magazine devoted to Swatch collecting.
- 1991 Animated commercial for Henninger Beer. Storyboard
for TV credits sponsored by LEGO.
- 1990 - 1996 Worked with Mediaset, a company managing
the TV networks Canale 5, Italia 1, Retequattro,
on numerous projects such as commercials, TV credits, set designs.
- 1989 - 1994 Collaborated with Edizioni 3ntini & C. publishing
house in the following capacities: designer of comics and illustrations,
graphics, set design and marketing for magazines.
Alcatel-Lucent, Alcoa, Aniboom, Apple, Benetton, Cartier, The Boston Consulting Group, C.C. Buchners, Columbia University, Dannon,
Discovery Channel, El Comercio (Peru), El Paìs, EMI Music, European Business Forum, Hachette UK ltd, Henninger,
Humanoids Inc., Italian American Academy of San Diego, Italian Cultural Institute of San Francisco, Italian
Cultural Institute of Washington, DC, Italian Cultural Institute of
Rio de Janeiro, King Features Syndicate, LEGO, Martini & Rossi, Mediaset,
MoPa (Museum of Photographic Arts of San Diego), Nature Magazine, NIDA - National Institute on Drug Abuse, New Scientist Magazine, Nordica,
Oxford University Press, Pearson PLC, Playboy.com, Rollerblade, Royal Mail, Sage Publications, Solvay, Soroptimist,
Swatch, Il Tempo, Tunuè, 3ntini & C., San Diego Italian Film Festival, Saatchi & Saatchi, Sky TV, Stern, Syracuse University, University of
Maryland, University of Padua, University of Virginia, Westermann Verlag, Yoplait, YouTube.com.
- Received diploma in Illustration and Graphic Design (equivalent to A Bachelor Degree in Arts) from Istituto Europeo di Design, Milan, Italy